Friday, October 28, 2011

Fireworks and fall leaves



Every year the Seoul International Fireworks Festival takes place in Yeouido Park along the Han River in Seoul. I really love fireworks so I decided to go. I was told it gets ridiculously crowded so to try and get there as early as possible. Cortney and I got there about 2 hours before the fireworks started to pick out a spot along the river.



It turns out there were over a million people who came to see the fireworks. As it got closer to the start of the show there were literally people covering the park. Everyone brought these little silver square mats to sit on that looked like they were made out of tin foil, alone with their picnic dinners. All of the Koreans were “ooo-ing and ahh-ing” as the 3 countries, Korea, Japan and Poland, all put on their own fireworks shows. Each show lasted about 45 minutes displaying unique sets of fireworks with words and designs. I was especially impressed with the Hello Kitty fireworks!






The leaves are starting to look really beautiful now, so Cortney, our friend, Mitch and I took a trip to Namsan Tower. I'd been to Namsan Tower before, but it was definitely worth a second look.




Seoul from Namsan Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment