Friday, October 28, 2011

Gyeyang Mountain



It’s been a while because I’m finding myself quite busy lately. I have been doing some hiking and I think some of it is worth mentioning. Now that the weather is absolutely beautiful more and more people are outside. Hiking is one of Korean’s favorite pastimes so it’s quite a common occurrence to see a jam packed mountain on any given weekend, pretty much rain or shine. I met some new friends who live in Incheon and met them to hike Gyeyang Mountain on a beautiful fall day. We met at the subway stop closest to the mountain and just followed the mass of Koreans, decked out in their hiking gear, up the hill.
Mike, Jen and Nina at the start of the hike.




We got beautiful views of all the surrounding areas before heading back down the mountain to enjoy some makoli and pajeon, traditional rice wine and vegetable like pancakes, with a nice and funny Korean family.
amazing views

typical for me to be upside down

I even convinced Mike that handstands on mountain tops are a good idea!

It took us many attempts to capture a picture with the three of us actually jumping, but we finally got it!

We made it to the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment