Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Field trip




Yesterday I got a new co-teacher. Her name is Pora, but her English name is Scarlet. She is really nice, but I think she’s in for a surprise. She told me her hours were 8:30am to 7pm, but already last night they kept her until 8pm. I hope they don’t run this co-teacher away too.



Today we took a field trip to a potato farm and I’m not really sure why. I didn’t find out about his until we were leaving, but I just went with it. All the 7 year olds and their teachers loaded on the busses. We stopped at some tiny farm they called a potato farm that was right off the highway. No one said anything when we got there they just gave us a bunch of baskets of potatoes that were cut in half. Each kid got a potato and was told to bury it. When I asked the Korean teacher if we were finished he just laughed and said it was to show them. Show them what, I’m not quite sure. We then left the farm and were back in time for lunch.

on the bus

Really, it was off the highway.

They thought it smelled bad.

Burying their potatoes.


All the kids burying their potatoes.

I walked all the way home from school and went to the post office. When I got back to my apartment building I got on the elevator and looked in the mirror and realized I had some laminating plastic stuck to my forehead. I really felt like I was becoming a teacher at that moment!

best friends

big smiles over my sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment